About Me

My photo
I’m a cycling fanatic in the information technology and security field with a bachelors in Social Welfare and a some training in the visual arts. I’m a son, a brother, a husband, and a father. I am good with my hands, still consider myself an artist, and could stand to lose a few pounds.

Saturday, August 18, 2018

Clavicle Break: Week 6 (July 28, 2018 - August 3, 2018)

Pain Level: 1 to 2, no pain medication.
Discomfort: 4 to 10
Attire: Pretty much normal.
Sleeping: Bed.
Nutrition: Higher than normal calories to maximize healing, with supplements geared towards bone regrowth.
Mobility: Getting around fairly normally, but still being careful.
Physical Therapy: 2lb range of motion exercises.

I continued living Diet-Life this week, but started preparing for the trip to Colorado.  A friend and I drove out on the 31st.  It wasn't the most comfortable ride, but it wasn't horrific, either.

Physical therapy continued throughout the trip, and I was able to keep my nutrition levels up at maximal healing levels.  The palm up front raise continued to give me a little trouble this week as well.  Somehow, I figured this would be the case, and would be something to bring up to the physical therapist.  I'm using 2lbs weights at this point.

Since this is about the healing process, I won't go too much into the trip itself, other than to say I'd accepted the fact that I couldn't ride, so I enjoyed the time with friends.  I continued to focus on the Seven 622 SLX as my replacement bike, but the cost was starting to look practically out of reach.  I started looking around again, and was told about the Canyon Ultimate CF SLX by a friend.

Discomfort and pain levels had pretty much leveled off to about a 4 on the discomfort scale, ramping up to 9 or 10, then moving into real pain if I exerted myself too much.

The last day of the trip was, for some reason, the worst as far as pain goes.  I think the cumulative effect of the trip caught up with me.  This was the first time I'd taken pain medication since ditching the narcotics.  OTC Alleve for the win.

<-- Week Five | Series | Week Seven -->

No comments:

Post a Comment