About Me

My photo
I’m a cycling fanatic in the information technology and security field with a bachelors in Social Welfare and a some training in the visual arts. I’m a son, a brother, a husband, and a father. I am good with my hands, still consider myself an artist, and could stand to lose a few pounds.

Saturday, September 8, 2018

Clavicle Break Week 11 (Sep 1, 2018 - Sep 7, 2018)

Pain Level: 1-6
Discomfort: 1
Mobility: 9
Attire: Normal.
Sleeping: Bed.  Sleeping on my left side becoming possible.
Nutrition: Weight loss caloric intake, with supplements geared towards bone regrowth.
Mobility: Getting around normally, but still being careful.
Physical Therapy: 5lb range of motion exercises plus some additional strength related movements.

Pain and Discomfort


Saturday was rough.  I'm not going to lie.  But it was rough only for a few minutes.  We took my 5 year old son to Field Station: Dinosaurs (Daddy liked it a lot more than he did - lots to see, but not much to do).  We started the visit with a run through their 18 hole mini-golf course, and ended it with a couple of hours walking through the park and looking at everything.  It was a lot of walking, and it was very hot.  By the time we got to the end, my shoulder was loudly complaining, almost to the point of screaming.  Then, I crossed my arms just right (I guess) and it settled right down.

After that, for the rest of the week, there was some occasional "stickiness" and what felt like bursitis pain (I already have that in my other shoulder from a similar, though much slower crash in college), but it was never anything I'd rate more than annoying.

Mobility


I am very nearly normal at this point.  There is still some light "stickiness" and discomfort if I've not moved my shoulder in the last hour or so, and the shoulder is not entirely "invisible" yet, but overall, mobility is very high and pain-free.

Physical Therapy


I continued with the 5lbs weights. I didn't hit every day, because of our weekend out of town, but I don't think it really affected me much.  When I got back into it, it was as if I'd never stopped.

Cycling Training


I kinda took this week off.  Work got especially crazy this week, and after the stress of the days, I just didn't have much left for anything but TV time with the wife and a glass of wine.

Equipment


Nothing new on the equipment front.  I have everything I need, and what I want won't be out until next year.  These bottle cages look pretty cool, though, and might make a good addition to the new bike when it arrives...

<-- Week Ten | Series | Week Twelve -- >

No comments:

Post a Comment