About Me

My photo
I’m a cycling fanatic in the information technology and security field with a bachelors in Social Welfare and a some training in the visual arts. I’m a son, a brother, a husband, and a father. I am good with my hands, still consider myself an artist, and could stand to lose a few pounds.

Saturday, September 15, 2018

Clavicle Break Week 12 (Sep 8, 2018 - Sep 14, 2018)

Pain Level: 1
Discomfort: 1
Mobility: 10
Attire: Normal.
Sleeping: Bed.  Sleeping normally with no positional issues.
Nutrition: Supplements geared towards bone regrowth.  Ate a lot this week.  Gained some pounds.
Mobility: Getting around normally.  Still being careful, but not feeling nervous about anything.
Physical Therapy: 5lb range of motion exercises plus some additional strength related movements.

Pain and Discomfort


At an all time low since my collision with the ground.  I'm still aware that there's an injury, but it's more of an itch, or a very minor ache, than actual pain.  The only thing that inches out of "Itch Territory" are the non-shoulder areas, i.e., my ribs and something somewhere around my left scapula.  Other than that, I'm feeling really good.

Mobility


100% normal in typical day to day activities.  I'm not pushing it with strength training or heavy weights, but simply getting through the day feels unimpeded.

Physical Therapy


Same as before - I'm running through the activities with 5lbs weights.  I've not been following the schedule as religiously as I should, but I'm not missing many days either.  I'm really looking forward to my X-Rays, after which I'm hoping I can start on some more gainful strength training.

Cycling Training


I took the week off training last week.  Work was relatively stressful, and I just felt like I needed a few days off.

However, On Sunday I actually got out on an outdoor ride for the first time since the accident.  It was a very low key ride around the neighborhood with my 5 year old son on my very comfortable MTB (Trek Stache 9.6), but it was enough to tell me that my shoulder felt great.

That ride was enough to inspire the confidence necessary to take a Ramp Test to see how much fitness I'd lost.  Not as much as I'd thought I would, pleasantly enough!

Equipment


No changes.  Still waiting anxiously for next Spring...

<-- Week Eleven | Series | Week Thirteen -- >

No comments:

Post a Comment