About Me

My photo
I’m a cycling fanatic in the information technology and security field with a bachelors in Social Welfare and a some training in the visual arts. I’m a son, a brother, a husband, and a father. I am good with my hands, still consider myself an artist, and could stand to lose a few pounds.

Monday, September 10, 2018

Ramp Test

I jumped the gun tonight and took a Ramp Test to see how far my FTP had dropped.  When I hit the deck on 6/23, I was officially at 232, but had probably climbed to about 240 with the training I'd done since that number was established.


With 12 weeks away from serious training efforts, I fully expected to drop below 200.  I've been spinning for a few weeks now, but it was all just spinning - no hard efforts.  Well, tonight I tested, and had only dropped to 224.  An official drop of only about 3.5%, and an unofficial drop of only 6.66%.

In spite of 13 weeks away from real training, I'm starting my next season higher than I started my last.  I can live with that.

How to take a Ramp Test.

No comments:

Post a Comment